Groups & Activities
- Annually each January, our “TaTa Society” provides volunteers, sponsors and walkers for the Komen South Florida Race for the Cure.
- Jewish Chair Yoga combines Jewish ideology with ancient yoga tradition, and bringing this mind-clearing, body-strengthening program to us is Temple Israel member Ellen Goldenson. A gifted certified yoga instructor, she has participants use the chair as a tool for both seated movements and standing balances. One-hour session, Wednesday mornings. (Schedule may vary.)
- Baby Boomers join together on a semi-regular basis for Chai Life lunch-and-learns with appearances by informative experts, fun movie screenings, or simply an exchange of ideas and advice among the age 60+ attendees.
- Office Volunteer heroes are always a welcome addition, whether able to spend 1 or 2 hours a week or more, to help us get out mailings, answer phones, prepare for special events – simple but vital tasks that keep daily Temple operations humming.
- Effectively getting the word out about Temple Israel and all that it offers can be a challenging mission as we reach out to our members, prospective members and the community at large. Marketing our “brand” of synagogue life requires the expertise and savvy of those familiar with the tools of the trade – advertising, public relations, social media, journalism, graphic design. Are any of these disciplines in your wheelhouse? We welcome your input.
- There’s always room for more ideas, more Programming. Step up and be heard if you have something in mind that you feel would be engaging for our youth, families, the adult population of Temple Israel, or the entire congregation.